Sunday 3 June 2007

Diary of a Jehovah's Witness Deserter

http://diaryofadeserter.blogspot.com/
I wonder how this will pan out.

"The belief that God is going to swoop down one day and "fix everything" spawns a dangerous apathy for the earth we live on now, and the lives we lead now. Why try to save the planet when God is either going to blow it up or make it a paradise? Why should I try to lose weight when God is going to give me a perfect body anyway?"


"The reaction from my family will undoubtedly be just as painful. I've been going through the inevitable conversation day after day. My dad and brother will tell me I have no hope for the future, and how Evolution and Atheism are "stupid." I'll try to hold back the tears. No amount of name-calling and verbal bashing will change my mind. Until that day, I wait. Maybe if I withdraw gradually it won't be such a shock to them. Nevertheless, the day will come when I am ready. I hope that my family understands. I hope they'll still love me."

No comments: