Friday 21 September 2007

Misplaced Deity Sought By Christians

clipped from www.turoks.net

So, I'm standing at a bus stop and they pull up. A car load of well meaning,
bible thumping nut cases that are just frantic! The middle aged professionally
dressed woman rushes forward...She takes my arm and with trembling voice,
she asks...."Have you found Jesus?" Her eyes plead with an urgency that is
out of proportion to a bus stop.

So calmly as I can muster, without being sarcastic, I reply, "You people
lost him, again?"

"What is wrong with you Christians? Every time I turn around you've lost
Him!" I hit her with a glare of accusation. "I mean really..." I take a measured
breath. "How do you expect to have anyone follow a deity that you can't even
find?"

"Of course, you Christians aren't much fun," I continue. By now they are
all out of the car. Befuddled, aghast, and at a loss for words. "Of course," I
offer trying to give them some defense for losing Jesus. "He could have left
due to religious differences. If I remember correctly, He was Jewish.

 blog it

No comments: